Tuesday 20 May 2008

I SEEM TO BE DEVELOPING a TIME LAG And I'm certainly running up a sleep deficit, Sunday (18th May) was spent mainly in the Birkbeck computer rooms finishing off coursework, so no day of rest there. Then Monday was also productive, but I don't mean any Calvinist implication that that is a good thing. On the way to work a Green Party comrade rings me in a rage with another Green Party comrade who has called a meeting to clash with the all important Green Left AGM next saturday. So when I get to Birkbeck I have to compose and send various electronic Fatwas about this, and print out papers and flyers for a London Federation of Green Parties meeting that evening. To do this I have to treck round Birkbeck college searching for a computer room that is not being used for an exam and has any paper in the printer. Then more people come into the Birbeck bar wanting drinks after their exam (see below;)





so I don't get much work done on the laptop. Then I go to London Fed which is surprisingly good tempered, now that the electoral obsessives have had their fix (ie after the Greater London Authority and Mayoral elections on May 1st), we can do some real poiltics and a motion that I wrote re S.African dockers goes through unan nem con. "Gleft/London Federation of Green parties congratulates the Durban dockers of the South African Transport and Allied Workers Union (Satawu), and the police trade union (POPCRU) members who supported them for turning away the Chinese arms shipment to Zimbabwe where it might be used to attack trades unionists and others engaged in the struggle for democratic rights in Zimbabwe. We note that such action would be illegal if taken by British Trades unionists and call for a restoration of the rights of British trades unionists to take solidarity action with other groups nationally and internationally." Prop P.Murry sec John Carver (PP: GPTU) Good drink in the pub afterwards too


No comments: